Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2 AM Bugs

There have been two nights now that a freaky, many legged bug has made its presence known to me in my room at the lovely hour of 2 (or later) in the morning.  And I'm not just talking a little ant or something of that nature.  I'm talking about a long, eighty kajillion legged monster with antennae that could reach out and grab me.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit.  But I have a serious phobia of bugs.  And no matter how many times I tell myself 'it's more afraid of you than you are of it' or 'you're so much bigger than it is' I still freak out and am unable to kill the bug.
How I've delt with these two late bugs is probably quite comical, I'm sure.  Both times I've run to my sister's room (even though she's most likely equally as afraid as I am) to seek her help in the killing process.  Both times she's told me to spray hairspray at it.  Personally, I think that she (not a regular user of hairspray) is looking for an excuse to spray the aerosol can that emits delicious scents and ozone depleting substance, because the hairspray has had little to no effect on either bug.  The most it's done is made them scamper from one surface to another.  And after tonight's affair, I'm debating taking down all of the wall hangings on my walls because of what may be hiding underneath all of them.  And trust me, my walls are covered.

As of tonight, two bugs down, goodness knows how many more to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! If treating all life forms with respect is cowardice, well, call me a scaredy cat. The idea with the hairspray is that it coats the bug with stuff that makes it unable to move. And usually they fall off the wall so you don't have to wipe bug goop off of the wall!