Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally!

Today was my last day of sophomore year. And as always, it was bittersweet at some points, and just plain irritating at others.

Irritating:
There was this kid who was sitting next to me in my math exam (that I shouldn't have even had to take, but that's another story) who got done in 5 minutes and then proceeded to push a roll of paper towels at me (ooh, how... threatening? I'm really not sure what his point in this action was) then proceeded to start subtly shaking my table (so that the proctor wouldn't notice, of course) and then nothing even happened. It was just a highly unnecessary, tactless irritation; possibly the worst kind of irritation.
Then there's why I almost didn't have to be there. This spring, the entire sophomore class took the horrid Ohio Graduation Tests (more commonly known as OGTs) and if we scored high enough, we would be exempt from final exams. I scored advanced or accelerated on every subject, and every other subject would exempt you from your final exam with an accelerated or higher, but of course the math teachers have to be overachievers, and therefore you had to get an advanced in order to be exempt from your final exam.
Let me just say that it's good that I didn't get my results back today until after I took my final math exam.
My math score was 2 points under the needed points to get an advanced on the OGT.
But then again, it's only an hour and a half of my life, it's not like it's going to make a difference.
It's over now, and summer is here!

Bittersweet:
The room that I happened to be in for my exam was the room in which I'd had biology for the past year, and I absolutely loved that class and the teacher. It was a lot of fun, and I have no idea why, but I have a lot of trouble saying goodbye to places. Even though in all technicality I'm not leaving it.
Yet.
Then when I got home it sort of hit me that I'm officially and upperclassman, I officially only have 2 years left of high school.
That thought always has and will continue to freak me out.

No comments: