Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dear Self,

So. I was going through old blog posts. and a lot of it is ranting about how life is changing. how it's changing too much all at once. how I can't handle it. how it will never measure up to what I want it to be. how I'll never get into college. how I'll never get a job. how I'll never make anything of myself.
Well, self, today you did something kind of extraordinary. Several extraordinary somethings, in fact.
First of all, you scheduled your driving test! And while it's rather unfortunate that you had to go to drivers ed, renew your temps, turn 18 and then wait 26 more days before you get to go take the test, you now have a date set! And then you get to stop riding the bus like a silly little first grader!
Next, you applied for two jobs. And you're 18. And it's before the holidays. So let's hope someone hires you.
Lastly, you got accepted to college. And one that has a good program in what you want to major in! So no more do you have to fear being left behind at home next year when everyone else moves away from home. Because now you can, too!

Today was a good day.

See you soon,
Laura

Unsexy: math tests that are just dumb.
Sexy: I. Cannot. Stop. Listening. To. This.

No comments: