Sunday, July 4, 2010

SUMMER!

So yeah, my whole plan of updating this on a more regular basis?
FAIL.

That's okay. At least I still think about blogging enough to write a blog every now and again.

So, after enduring school for however many months PLUS 2 weeks of summer health/drivers ed (*puke*) I'm FINALLY free (well, I have been for the past week or so, but whatev.) so I think now is an appropriate time to make my list of goals for the summer before it's gone entirely.
1. Take pictures. Lots. And try to get better about the whole aspect of taking them in social situations, because I'm pretty bad at dealing with crowds to begin with. So when I want to take pictures and there are people around, naturally, I'm going to have a difficult time with it.
2. Get a job. Because I need money. And I have a car! My very own car. Which is AMAZING, but I can't drive it on my own legally yet, which brings me to my 3rd point...
3. Get license. My goal for this is to be able to drive myself to the last football game of the season at a minimum. I'll be able to take my test several weeks before the last game, so hopefully it will be sooner. But at a minimum, get it by the last game.
4. Do stuff. So far, I've been good about getting out and seeing people and generally doing things to keep myself busy during the day. I have had a few "sit around and do nothing" days, but those are nice on occasion. I just don't want that to happen so much that I get sick of it, because that was the situation last summer and it wasn't overly happy.
5. Read Harry Potter 6 & 7. Because I still haven't finished reading the 6th from last summer and I've still never read the 7th, which is a tragedy. I'm well aware.
6. Figure out what to do with my walls of my room. I used to have this epic wall filled with all sorts of random paper items that I'd somehow received. A few months ago, however, I took it all down in hopes of painting my room. So I either need to decide on a color to paint my room with or I need to figure out another cool arrangement for all of my stuff and get it all back up before school starts so that it won't become a form of procrastination for me once school starts.

That's all that really comes to mind at the moment.
Hopefully I'll see you soon,
Laura

Unsexy: arguing over what topping to get on the one pizza we've gotten in months because mum is on weight watchers, and still not ending up with something that everyone liked.
Sexy: scrapbooking all day instead of going to my "overly happy to be American" neighbor's party.

No comments: