Friday, November 13, 2009

Junior... ?!

Generally when school first starts, it feels crazy. It feels like I'll never settle into the year and nothing will ever seem normal, I'll never be able to finish all the homework I'm given and I'll never pass this class. Eventually these premonitions all die away when I realize how easy my schedule actually is.
This year, however, is quite different. It's November, we're into the second quarter of the year and I still don't feel comfortable with my schedule or homework load.
This weekend alone I've got 4 chapters of a book to read and later reflect upon (in writing, of course), a persuasive speech with a 2-3 page sentence outline for a 7-10 minute speech due in about a week plus another "special occasion" speech for the same class due this week, a crumbling spanish grade due to lack of time with which to study, and a plethora of AP government questions that I need to get done soon.
Thank heavens my math teacher didn't have time to assign us homework for over the weekend.
On top of this, I've got people that I legitimately need to spend time with that I simply cannot make time for. First and foremost, my best friend. I honestly cannot recall the last time that we were able to actually just sit and talk about life, which honest to goodness is really something that needs to be done on an at least semi-annual basis. Second is my boyfriend. I love being able to say that I finally have one, but I hate that I quite literally never see him. That's generally what makes a bad day worse and a good day just an okay day. Lengthening the list further I have probably eighty kajillion people that I would absolutely love to catch up with, but due to lack of time, I just can't, and that's probably yet another reason that this year doesn't seem right.
I miss being a kid so much right now.

No comments: