In all honesty, I, right now, would hate having another orientation. I'd much rather adjust to my new surroundings all on my own, since that's how I'm going to have to deal with it for the rest of my time at said location.
But here I am going into my junior year of high school. I've been there for two years already and one would think that it'd be pretty easy to just go back to the same place for another year of "fun-filled" learning. But to be honest, I feel more disoriented this year than I did for either my freshman or sophomore years. Part of it was my schedule being screwed up for the first two days. So for the first days of school, I relived being a sophomore for english class and I got a glimpse of interactive media, a class which I would've loved to have taken throughout high school had I not been stupid and wasted a period last year with choir (no offense to choir, I really do love it dearly, but the program at my school just wasn't for me, especially considering I'm planning on doing nothing with music after I graduate).
It was just an odd feeling going back to school and feeling as though things weren't permanent (at least for the next 9 months) especially when I left last year feeling as though the end of the year exams were a joke because I was exempt from all but 2 of them.
Fortunately, as of the third day of school my schedule was corrected and I was finally able to begin to adjust to a new year. However, this year I'm taking my first AP class along with two honors classes (okay, for Spanish III I didn't really have a choice in the matter because the third level of a language for us is always honors, but still, the little asterisk beside the name, for whatever reason, never fails to scare me) and I feel like someday I'm going to end up with a gigantic pile of homework on a highly inconvenient night (ex.: a night of a concert or some other event that I'm forced to attend) and I will then begin to fail each and every one of my classes because of this one night of homework that wasn't done perfectly or at least to the best of my ability.
This hypothetical situation, I realize, is highly unlikely but still a possibility, and is more likely than it's been for the past two years. Or maybe I'm just acting overly obsessive compulsive right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment